Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas labels

 It's almost Christmas! I am childishly excited about Christmas this year (although to be honest, I am every year!). I have bought (and worn) my Christmas jumper and almost finished all of my Christmas shopping, so it's time to do some wrapping. Nothing more guaranteed to get me in the Christmas mood! And a little personal touch makes your presents extra special.



This is a really simple way to make some home made labels to decorate your presents. All you need is some rubber stamps, ink pad, embossing powder, heat source and some paper - all available in Hobbycraft.










First, I cut some label shapes from some festive green paper.











Choose your stamp and press it onto the ink pad, making sure ink is covering all of the stamp so you get the full picture.

Press the stamp onto your cut out label and then quickly cover in the powder before the ink can dry. Make sure all of the ink is covered and then gently tap off the excess powder.













 Heat from underneath with the heat source (do it from underneath otherwise all of the powder blows off!) and watch the powder melt before your eyes!
















Et voilà! A personal label to stick on your beautifully wrapped present to give to that someone special.

No comments:

Post a Comment