Saturday 4 May 2013

Floral Earring Holder


 This is a great solution to the problem of storing your stud earrings with the bonus of looking pretty on your dressing table at the same time!

I have accumulated a lot of earrings which tend to become scattered around my bedroom because there was nowhere to store them. So I had been looking for a way to neatly keep them together when inspiration for this holder struck. The box was originally the packaging for a pen I got for my birthday (I have a huge weakness for pretty stationary...) that I kept because it was too pretty to throw away. I was trying to find a way to use it when I came across some foam that used to be the inner of a garden chair cushion which would be perfect to store my earrings.

So, this was really simple to make. First I drew around the box onto the foam and cut it out using a craft knife. Then I simply trimmed it until it was the right size and fit, squeezed it into the box and arranged my earrings by stabbing them into the foam. Et voilà, tidy earrings! The only problem is that I have too many earring to fit into the holder so I am on the look out for another box that can store the rest! 


No comments:

Post a Comment