Wednesday 30 October 2013

Holiday buys from Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik's old town - you might know it better as King's Landing in Game of Thrones!

I recently returned from a great week's holiday in Dubrovnik, Croatia. As you can see it's a beautiful town and there is plenty to do, I would definitely recommend it as a holiday destination! Always on the look out for some crafty buys I spent some kuna in the local markets, here are my Croatian purchases.


This canvas picture is of Dubrovnik's old town at sunset, bought from a street seller for about £20. I took lots of photos of the sunset (we had a prefect view from our apartment) so I am planning to paint one myself - watch this space.


I bought this necklace from a small shop in one of the narrow streets for about £10. I love the colour and have a bracelet and earrings already in the same stone so I can mix and match.

Here are some more holiday snaps to make you jealous! I wish I could go back...

The view of the old town from our apartment


The port on a sunny day


The sun setting over Dubrovnik's old town


Me attempting to climb some of the many steps on the island of Lopud

No comments:

Post a Comment